The Land of Corra
Hey, thanks for checking these out! I’m a really easy going dm, and i make sure this game is fun above anything else.
- Have fun – This is a game after all, and the rest of the rules on this list are to make sure this one is followed.
- DM has the last word – The dm is not a god. However, he made the gods. That means that the dm has the power to end any and all disputes whenever and if ever they occur.
- No Rules Lawyering – If you think i’m doing something wrong as a dm, or someone else is doing something wrong as a player, feel free to speak up. But if you’re more concerned about the rules of the game than having a good time, then you probably are not going to have one. Like i said, im super easy going as a dm. i may let something happen that you think should require a roll of some kind. If it really makes a difference, please speak up. if you’re nitpicking, please don’t.
- Play Your Role – This is a role playing game after all. Playing your role can be hard, especially when your character would do something you wouldn’t, or you know something your character doesn’t. The occasional slip wont get you yelled at or anything, but i will remind you. I reward good roleplaying with tons of bonus experience.
- Forward Momentum – Its important to have fun and goof around, and times may come when we park on something for a while poking fun at it or whatnot, but its more important to keep the game moving in a forward direction. This rule has a lot of ‘gray area’ so just use your discretion. And if it seems like im trying to ‘continue on’, please comply.
- 50% Human – Humans are the dominant race on Corra, but with all the races pooled together, humans make up only about 45% of the total population. therefore, i like groups to be no more than 50% human. with over 60 races to choose from, I don’t think thats too much to ask. besides, whats more boring than an all human group? What, are you all human supremacists or something?
- It’s taken care of – as long as we play at my house, i will take care of everything. I will store everyones original paperwork, i will provide food and bevereges for the evening, and you will need to bring a minimum of nothing. however, i’m not averse to going to someone elses place, if need be. Food is expensive however, and i am not made of money. The maximum size group I can afford to cater for is 4 players. If the group expands beyond that size, I will be asking people to chip in some small amount.
- Attendance – This is a new rule as of December 1st 2010. We have had attendance issues which have brought about the need for this rule. The core group of players are considered “Co-Stars” of the show. These players are integral to the campaign. If a co-star can’t make a session, the game waits for them. If a co-star misses too many sessions, or misses sessions without notice, they will be demoted to “Recurring Guest Star”. Any new players joining the game will start as a recurring guest star. If a guest star misses a session, the game continues in their absence. I will play the character if the party is in the middle of a hostile environ, or the guest star will be left behind in town or on the ship if possible. If a guest star is consistent with their attendance and misses few if any sessions, they will be promoted to Co-Star. If a guest star misses too many sessions or misses sessions without notice, their character will “go away” until the player is more available to play the game. Check the players page to see everyone’s Star Status.
- The Land of Corra Wiki – Another new rule. If you would like to see a wiki page created where none currently exists, you have 2 options. 1. If your character has direct knowledge of a place, item, character, or event, you may create a wiki page or expand upon an existing one. Your page must be directly related to something your character knows about himself, or the world around him. This applies to character bios and backstories as well. You may not, under any circumstances, delete information that has already been saved to a page. Any page you create is subject to editing by the DM or his assistant(s) 2. If you have an idea for a page unrelated to your character, or would like to an area of the wiki expanded, you can make a request on the the Wiki Page Request topic in the forum, or discuss your ideas with the DM. Violation of this rule could result in your hard work being deleted.
- Thats it – take these rules with a grain of salt. i just really love this game. please remember to check the forum and your messages often for updates on session dates. thanks for reading.