The Land of Corra
Basic Tenets of Corra
Much of the Land of Corra is shrouded in mystery. The Gods seem to delight in keeping secrets from the mortals of the realm. Following is a list of what nearly every Corran holds as true. Regardless of culture or location, these are the core facts that teachers tell schoolchildren, parents teach their young, and masters instruct their adherents.
- The world is flat. The 6 continents that make up the realm are surrounded by ocean, and little else. No attempts at exploring uncharted ocean, or discovering the edge of the world have ever returned.
- The daytime sky of Corra is a shade of blue-green. Corra’s only sun rises from the east and sets in the west.
- The nighttime sky of Corra is dark, and filled with stars which make up numerous constellations. 3 moons rise from the east and set in the west.
- There are a great many gods that watch over the people of Corra, and move the celestial bodies above her. They are very real, and the least powerful among them could erase existence with a blink.
- Long ago Corra was a different place. A great upheaval of some kind caused a massive conflict which all but erased history and changed the face of Corra in many spectacular ways.
- There is a mysterious land known as Zhou that is shrouded behind a fog known as the Jade Curtain. Certain people have been able to penetrate the curtain and return to tell about it, but those without the special knowledge of how to do so never return.
- Before the change, all men used to live under one king in peace and harmony. This kingdom, and the continent where it once existed is called Old Kingdom The land where it’s capital was located is now known as Abberanterra.